- rice – Research Institute for compassionate economics has More Maps: Did open defecation really decline in India between 2001 and 2011?
- Economist has Daily Chart on Human waste – The world must build toilets to save lives
- Header Image is where India’s meat lovers live? by India Today.
- DataMeet – Bangalore – July/2014 monthly meetup is on Thursday July 31, Please RSVP.
- The Fifth Elephant 2014 is here
- GDN NEXT HORIZONS ESSAY CONTEST 2014 by Gates Foundation.
Data and information technology: There is growing excitement about the power of open data as a tool both to inform policy and spending decisions and to hold governments to account for commitments they make. What will this data and technology driven transformation in the development project “marketplace” actually look like?? How might citizens use data to provide feedback on government services and development projects? What will it take to get there?