This is the place to pull together ideas and planning for a potential transportation data standards paper.
1. Standards and Structured data storage of transport data
2. Different practices in transport applications/data analysis
3. Copy rights and licenses of data
4. Open data and Open Source implementations in transport
1. Database design
2. Exposure to OSM, Geojson and Maps/Tranport related specs
3. Exposure to handling Big data (The data can be around 10-40 GB easily)
4. Standards in Transport data (GTFS, GTFS Realtime,SIRI)
5. Expertise in Socket Programming, Protocol Buffers, real-time data protocols.